December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

We do not really celebrate Christmas like New Year, but I like an atmosphere of it, so have decided to grill chicken wings, cook vegetable soup and bake strawberry cake. It is just a small meal, and just for the family of us three, but the cake, some Santa dolls my husband had bought in Germany, and beautiful candle light on our dinner table created an atmosphere of Christmas.

[chicken wings and some veges about to be in the oven]
chicken wings were soaked in Japanese sake, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper for one night, and rosemarry and thyme adds a beautiful flavor.


As for Christmas presents, I bought a trouser press for my husband because he has been longing for that fancy machine for more than two years. Now his deam has come true, I bet. He bought me a PORTER's shoulder bag, made of leather. I like shoulder bags because my both hands are free, and it is convenient especially when I go out and have to grab or hold our little son. Lastly, Secret Santa Clause gave our son Gen, a cute GAP knit hat.

Gen is too young to know the knit hat was from Santa Clause, but hopefully he may prepare cookies and hot milk for him next year. Before going to bed, I read Eric Carle's "Dream Snow" for Gen, one of his favorite Christmas books.

"Merry Christmas to All " and we pushed the botton, Good night :)

2 comments:

Svetlana said...

Hello,Akiko!Was your strawberry cake as beautiful as a rice cake for Gen? Mmm...Would be great to see a master class here with step-to-step photos.
Maybe I'll have more luck with a strawberry one:))
My warmest wishes to you,
Sveta.

akiko said...

Hi Sveta! It's great to hear from you. OK, let me try the "master" course for the cake sometime soon:)
Thanks for your comment. You are the number one! Akiko